PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST AND CONTENT STRATEGIST
Are you a big picture, strategic thinker that sees the distant vistas through the trees? Do you love weaving stories together from different threads of information? Can you handle press relations like a champ? Are you a fearless explorer with insatiable curiosity? Do you enjoy science and technology?
If you’re all this and a bag of chips, you may be a perfect fit for our public relations specialist and content strategist position.
At Uncork-it, we believe great communications begin with a compelling story. We are seeking an experienced team member to help create, shape, and deliver our clients’ stories.
The ideal candidate will not only have the technical chops to get the job done, but will come prepared to offer fresh, creative ideas. We’re looking for someone who is as comfortable following established guidelines as they are creating new ones.
Your week may look like this:
- Working with a client to build a story of interest to the press, getting it approved, and pitching to various editors.
Collaborating with the Content team to develop clear and persuasive copy for:
- Press releases and other public relations materials
- Websites, landing pages, and other digital communications including blog articles and social media
- Print publications
- Print, broadcast, and digital ads
- Building and maintaining relationships with national, local and industry press
- Updating client digital media with new content, including search engine optimization
- Creating social media posts that help build client communities.
- Excellent communication skills, including spelling and grammar
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A cool-under-pressure manner
- Solid experience with regional, national, and/or trade media outlets
- A nose for news
- The ability to take complex messages and make them understandable to many different audiences
- The ability to handle multiple projects effectively
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- The ability to switch between working independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with or general affinity for science and technology
- Proficiency with the Associated Press stylebook
It would be extra-awesome if you had:
- Experience with client account management
- Studies or experience in engineering or science
- Basic knowledge of HTML
What’s in it for you?
- The fun of working on a fantastic, cohesive team.
- The opportunity to express your creativity in a wide range of media with a variety of topics.
- Attractive benefits, including health insurance, retirement options, and 5+ weeks vacation per year.
Uncork-it is a full-service advertising and marketing communications firm located in Blacksburg, Va. We’re a highly collaborative team with diverse and vast experience in our field. We work with clients who are applying their know-how, technology, and ideas to making the world a better place. Most of our clients are in the biomedical, engineering and science, software, and advanced manufacturing fields.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.